Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Inspiration Behind the Life Cube


By Michael Conner, President, Life Cube, Inc.
I never imagined that I would be in the shelter business but here I am.   In 2005, after the devastation wrought by both Hurricane Katrina and a massive earthquake in Pakistan, I noticed the variety of shelter designs that were out there.  Different shapes and sizes, made from a number of products and materials, all a combination of form, function, and cost.  Yet an adequate portable design still did not exist.
As a life-long builder and inventor, I decided to take this on.  I was inspired by seeing people who were in need of something that I could provide.   
I started doing research and sketching my idea.  I wanted to synthesize the cost and logistical advantages of a standard canvas tent and the ruggedness and utility of a trailer, with the speed and expandability of breakthrough inflatable technology.  My answer was the Life Cube.
The Life Cube is a rapid deployment air frame shelter systems that simplifies and expedites emergency response efforts.  It is the only tent system with an integrated hard-surface floor with steel hoops that unfolds into an inflatable airframe canopy and an interior storage space that allows easy maneuverability over the most challenging terrains.  It is an all in one solution for every emergency situation.
Within just a few years, Life Cube, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets innovative air-beam shelters for a variety of markets and uses.  Learn more at http://lifecubeinc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment